Order Process and Timeline
Om Ah Homes can make accommodations if you have specific requirements or concerns, but here is the default order process and timeline that you should expect:
1) Reservation & Consultation Fee: There is a $1,000 fee to hold your spot in the design queue. While you wait we'll gather your initial ideas and ask some basic design questions to determine the feasibility of the project. This fee will be applied toward the cost of the Design/Consultation phase. If you choose to not move forward with the project before we get to the Design/Consultation phase, then this fee is fully refundable.
2) Design/Consultation phase: Most people nickname this the Q&A phase, because along with your questions, we'll also have a lot of questions for you. This will be necessary for us to have a complete understanding of what you want and need. We might be able to deliver a quality home, but it won't be any good if it doesn't fit your needs or doesn't feel like your space when we are finished. This consultation phase may take a few weeks if there are a lot of details.
3) Contract: At this point you'll approve the final design, sign the contract, and make the down payment. Typically we'll collect 60% of the quoted price before starting the Build phase.
4) Build phase: This will be the fun part. You'll be able to see your design come to reality. You're welcome to check on your tiny home as often as you like. Sometimes people change their minds about something and it's always cheaper to make changes earlier than later. While building we'll provide regular progress updates, depending on the design complexity the build might take six to twelve weeks.
5) Final approval: In the last couple of weeks of the build phase, we'll ask you to take a walk through or virtual tour to verify that the quality is nothing short of expected and then you'll make the remaining payment.
6) Delivery: We'll complete the finishing touches and coordinate the deliver the house if needed. Then you'll be able to enjoy your new tiny home for many years to come. Last but not least, we perform a delivery inspection to make sure there is no damage from the delivery.